Why Use DISC ADVANCED® Profiling
Each of us has a particular behavioural style. Understanding our own style and the style of others is a significant advantage. We constantly interact with others, sometimes successfully and sometimes not. Regardless of our work role or chosen career, one thing is certain – we are judged by our behaviour. More people have failed due to not recognising this than have failed for lack of knowledge or technical expertise.
Whether or not you are using psychometric profiling, you will gain significant understanding if you understand what is contained within this process.The assessments are written so as to inform the reader about behaviour and the effects of it in the work place.
There is one common theme in any success book, personal development courses or business turnaround case study – success is gained through behaviour, sometimes an individual’s but mostly through the ability to affect the behaviour of others. To do this, we must understand behaviour and what drives it.
The intention of DISC ADVANCED® is to assist you in your quest to be a better business person by knowing how to understand and influence behaviour.
7 Major Advantages of the DISC ADVANCED® profile system
- 1) The DISC ADVANCED® profile system is a “real world” process. You see, we believe a psychometric instrument isn’t just about the theory and the instrument interpretation. Unfortunately however, this is often all that happens. The DISC ADVANCED® process is about achieving real outcomes in the workplace environment. Having the DISC Profile is just the start.
- 2) The DISC ADVANCED® system is not just more advanced but is also more complete. The framework is designed to provide users with practical and, most importantly, useable, information. Too often behavioural assessment systems are incomplete, leaving participants wondering, “What now?” The DISC ADVANCED® process provides a platform for achieving real results.
- 3) DISC ADVANCED® profiles, unlike other assessments, measures both the subconscious or ‘natural style’ and the conscious or ‘adjusted style’. This tells us both the preferred and therefore normal behaviour plus the adjusted behaviour brought about by reaction to the current environment.
- 4) The DISC ADVANCED® profile system can indicate stress, uncertainty about role, insecurity, frustration, and pressure to change.
- 5) The DISC ADVANCED® profile system can indicate the influence of the present environment on a person’s motivation.
- 6) DISC ADVANCED® profiles provide Action Plans relating specifically to the person’s behavioural style. This is very valuable in the development of the person and a great tool in moving them forward to where they want to get to.
- 7) DISC ADVANCED® profiles indicate if the person is comfortable with their environment, if they are being stretched too far or conversely perhaps feeling restricted.
Contact us today for a Free Consult and learn how DISC ADVANCED® can assist you in the workplace.